This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.19
- From: Nick Lowe <nick dot lowe at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 14:44:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.19
- References: <announce dot 20130605093949 dot GA3250 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51AF530A dot 7080306 at shaddybaddah dot name> <20130605162825 dot GC3250 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CADSoG1u0101m66SbQbNPfW-J4B4o66EyQey2fdrWGy_Bya+1dg at mail dot gmail dot com> <21158364 dot 20130607171018 at mtu-net dot ru>
> Nick, was it you, who wrote this article?
> Thanks for it, if so.
> But the more frustrating it makes your post, as article clearly states, that
I did, yes. I was trying to get my head around it and the design a
year or so ago and decided to document it as I could find nothing
substantive available on the Web.
At the time, I noticed that Corinna special cased Windows 2000 to keep
reading obcaseinsensitive in the patch that was otherwise committed to
test for the actual state of case sensitivity instead:
It is a mess and pretty frustrating! You have to be very careful about
the assumptions that you make in your code.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple