This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: postgresql: libpq.a not an import library
- From: marco atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 15:01:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: postgresql: libpq.a not an import library
- References: <51B0E34A dot 5010801 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51B0E93B dot 9030806 at gmail dot com> <51B16F2D dot 7010500 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
Il 6/7/2013 7:27 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) ha scritto:
On 2013-06-06 14:55, marco atzeri wrote:
Il 6/6/2013 9:30 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) ha scritto:
libpq.a was always an import library for the libpq DLL, but in
libpq-devel-9.2.4-1, it is an ordinary static library, but there is no
libpq.dll.a implib either. Could you please fix this?
give me some time to review again the "unusal" postgresql
When I patched to remove the dlltool/dllwrap I probably forgot something
While you're at it, is the 9.x libpq DLL really ABI compatible with the
8.x version? I haven't analyzed them, but just from history, I wouldn't
be surprised if it wasn't, in which case the DLL really needs to be
versioned so it doesn't collide with the old, unversioned 8.x DLL.
libqp seems so, major version 5 is unchanged.
Most of the others no.
I uploaded a test version, here
that should solve the issue and have the dll versioning,
plus I removed the last trace of dlltool/dllwrap usage.
Could you please test before I replace all the others 9.2.x version ?
wget -r -np -nH --cut-dirs=1 \
find postgresql -name index.html -o -name md5.sum | xargs rm
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple