This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Python core dump depending on module import order with latest upgrade
- From: GrahamC <grahamc001uk at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 17:35:15 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Python core dump depending on module import order with latest upgrade
- Reply-to: GrahamC <grahamc001uk at yahoo dot co dot uk>
Since the latest upgrade the following python program causes an "Aborted (core dumped)" error:
a = 1
If the order of imports is reversed (zlib then ctypes) no core dump error occurs.
python2.7.exe.stackdump contains nothing of use:
Frame Function Args
CYGWIN_NT-6.2 1.7.20(0.266/5/3) i686
Python 2.7.3 (default, Dec 18 2012, 13:50:09)
[GCC 4.5.3] on cygwin
__version__ = '1.1.0'
__version__ = '1.0'
ZLIB_VERSION = '1.2.7'
The dates on the latest cygwin dll files (cygwin1.dll) etc. in /usr/bin are Jun 7 10:11
O/S is Windows v8.0
Setup.exe version is 2.774
Neither ctypes nor zlib is in the site-packages directory so I don't see any user module recompilation being available.
I do have sip installed in site-packages but this is not used by the failing program.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple