This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.1152-1
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:07:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.1152-1
- References: <announce dot 51B65778 dot 8020200 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
2013/6/11 Yaakov (Cygwin/X):
> This is an update to last week's upstream patchset, with the following
> packaging changes:
> * The 'vi' binary now uses ~/.virc and /etc/virc instead of vimrc to avoid
> errors with configuration options not supported by 'vi'.
> * gvim on x86_64 uses the GTK+ interface.
Any reason why you stopped using alternatives?
It was removed when it was really needed with the introduction of
vim-minimal. Especially when vim-minimal was added to Base.
It solves the vi != vim problem:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple