This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Check for existence of the path before processing '..'
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:30:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Check for existence of the path before processing '..'
- References: <001401ce66a4$bb9029a0$32b07ce0$%fedin at samsung dot com> <20130611142002 dot GA1927 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130611150446 dot GB9484 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130611151708 dot GB2235 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 11 11:17, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 05:04:46PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jun 11 10:20, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> You introduce a check_parent flag which is set every time a non-slash
> >> character is found. That doesn't seem right. It seems like it should
> >> be set whenever you see a slash.
> >Indeed. I moved setting check_parent before the while expression in
> >the else branch instead and it still works.
> I'll bet you wouldn't see much of a hit if you just got rid of the
> check_parent flag entirely.
Actually, to my own surprise, it does. I removed the flag and the code
takes 3 seconds longer on average to build coreutils: 136.2 vs. 133.4
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple