This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: getclip and cygutils and cygcheck
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:15:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: getclip and cygutils and cygcheck
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A7021C57FB3 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A7021C58055 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <51B8D19B dot 7080400 at towo dot net> <20130613095556 dot GA21638 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAOh4nmk2_9CV_X9HrxJ=mLJ0dJ889Yn53zrrYuciaFN7Ft1_9Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 13 14:13, Jeremy Hetzler wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:55 AM, Corinna Vinschen
> < ... > wrote:
> > On Jun 12 21:52, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> >> Am 12.06.2013 17:21, schrieb Nellis, Kenneth:
> >> >...
> >> >where is getclip?
> >> Whereever it actually is, shouldn't it be deprecated or removed
> >> since it does not handle non-ASCII characters?
> >> I think I already suggested a replacement once before which was a
> >> simple shell script wrapper to /dev/clipboard.
> > Good point.
> > Corinna
> I use getclip/putclip every day. They are the only way to reliably
> move large (multi-megabyte) amounts of data from Windows programs in
> and out of the clipboard. "cat /dev/clipboard" fails with "bad
> address" over a certain size.
What's that size? I'm not aware of any size restriction in the current
/dev/clipboard code. Well, there's an allocation when writing to the
clipboard, but it's only restricted by the size of the largest available
memory block in the process VM, in theory.
> Please please keep these utilities unless there is a fully functional
Apart from converting getclip/putclip to a script, the situation would
be *much* better, if somebody would take a heart and add UNICODE and
multibyte capability to getclip/putclip...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple