This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Building a new package help
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 01:28:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: Building a new package help
- References: <20130616133802 dot 3436 at binki>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 6/16/2013 12:38 AM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
The last (I believe) problem is the linker can't find zlib to link to.
Below is what Makefile outputs when the error occurs.
Do you have the zlib-devel package installed? Does '-lz' occur in
the makefile and in the right order? Remember, library dependencies
on Windows is linear.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple