This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: UNC and POSIX paths
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:01:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: UNC and POSIX paths
- References: <003501ce6b5f$b41f2c10$1c5d8430$%fedin at samsung dot com> <kpn4kk$p88$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <036c01ce6b6d$0ada5090$208ef1b0$ at malth dot us> <kpnfp7$urd$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <8738sgiqs8 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <kpnkua$pdd$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> I'm confused. Let me ask a different way - why not fix such scripts instead?
> That's all I'm asking.
He's probably daunted by the thought.
If he really wants to change the world here, he should
consider writing a tool that scanned for such problems,
and lobbying to get it included in some broadly used suite of checks
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple