This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: [Feature request] Setup64.exe should respect more recent packages' version
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:54:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: [Feature request] Setup64.exe should respect more recent packages' version
- References: <CAHYyVz6f=bK4rPhOSaipCLOXtdgD0d+2E0WUFr_mNFxzdYZhpg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 6/17/2013 3:50 PM, Vasiliy wrote:
On 6/17/2013, Larry wrote:
That is the way it works for non-test packages.
I'm not sure what mirror you're using but on mirror.mcs.anl.gov, bash
4.1.11 is the only version available for x64.
No, it does not.
I've compiled, and installed bash 4.2.45 for x64, and made appropriate
changes in the /etc directory, so, it is up on the list of the
installed packages. However, it keeps downgrading.
You'll need to update your local 'setup.ini' file to account for your
local version. As Marco mentioned, 'setup.ini' is what setup uses to
determine the proper version to offer.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple