This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: [Feature request] Setup64.exe should respect more recent packages' version
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 18:46:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: [Feature request] Setup64.exe should respect more recent packages' version
- References: <CAHYyVz6f=bK4rPhOSaipCLOXtdgD0d+2E0WUFr_mNFxzdYZhpg at mail dot gmail dot com> <51BF6969 dot 5080203 at cygwin dot com> <51BF8CA5 dot 6000509 at etr-usa dot com>
On 6/17/2013 6:24 PM, Warren Young wrote:
On 6/17/2013 13:54, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 6/17/2013 3:50 PM, Vasiliy wrote:
I've compiled, and installed bash 4.2.45 for x64, and made appropriate
changes in the /etc directory, so, it is up on the list of the
installed packages. However, it keeps downgrading.
You'll need to update your local 'setup.ini' file to account for your
...and resign yourself to saying "Install from Local Directory," since
your hand-hacked setup.ini is going to keep getting overwritten each
time you say "Install from Internet" instead.
It won't get overwritten if it's in his own repository, parallel to the
ones that get downloaded from mirrors.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple