RE: Cross-compiling Linux kernel

 Hello!

> >  P.P.S. Perhaps the answer to (*) is NO, otherwise we would have fast
> > fork()...
>
> That's not quite correct.  The problem is not utilizing the native NT
> functions to create a process image,

 Wow, interesting...
 I wonder if i could get a ELF with some plain hardcoded Windows syscall (an equivalent of OutputDebugString("Hello ELF world!");) running, just as a proof of concept.
 However, perhaps fully functional 32->64 bit bridges in /lib32 (or /bin32 ?) would be more useful for start. There is some prebuilt Cygwin software around, which is of course 32 bit and closed source (Perforce client is an example).

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia