This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim-minimal annoyance
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:04:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: vim-minimal annoyance
- References: <002d01ce6b05$f2f16d40$d8d447c0$ at outbacktrip dot info> <51BF74E4 dot 5090203 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <002301ce6bbe$6b5601c0$42020540$ at outbacktrip dot info> <CAEhDDbCNC2GnN27rQHd1hA0HZmvLNpgx0GE1HHQvxDGs-qXeBA at mail dot gmail dot com>
2013/6/18 Csaba Raduly:
>> If I have the full-featured vim installed, then I expect vi ==
>> full_featured_vim. This is how it has always been.
>> I guess I'll just have to resign myself to creating an alias (vi=vim) on
>> every install...
> Maybe there should be a "vi-as-vim" package which contains nothing but
> the vi->vim symlink.
IMHO the real solution would be using alternatives again. I still
don't get why Yaakov stopped using it when it was really needed.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple