This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git svn fork() problems on cygwin 1.7.20
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:22:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: git svn fork() problems on cygwin 1.7.20
- References: <20130617140047 dot GE14578 at lakka dot kapsi dot fi> <20130617144503 dot GF14578 at lakka dot kapsi dot fi>
On 6/17/2013 10:45 AM, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 05:00:47PM +0300, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
Has anyone else seen these when using git svn or other perl programs
on cygwin 1.7.20?
$ git svn rebase
0 [main] perl 4424 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by '_Client.dll' (0x520000) is already occupied
Hmm. Searching for clues I saw this
and tried out with minimal PATH:
$ PATH=/bin:/usr/bin git svn rebase
Current branch master is up to date.
Default PATH on the machine includes various tools, compilers, CMake etc.
Tried to bisect it but it seems that full long PATH has an 80% failure rate
while mimal PATH=/bin/usr/bin has a 20% failure rate, but I could not identify
which PATH component could be to blame.
and Corinna's reply:
"Do you have a big environment? Thre's a chance that the stack address
moves due to that."
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple