This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Adding MSYS functionality to Cygwin
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:26:55 -0600
- Subject: Re: Adding MSYS functionality to Cygwin
- References: <CABEPuQJDLjtbcLig1isTUJgb6RBCD8LNShbm9mTPcb9WM5S5fw at mail dot gmail dot com> <51C0B08E dot 8080900 at etr-usa dot com> <CABEPuQJJpRfPKSwZ7M0eTOdp1HxDcmvuy1=qXFHBw-8kLkZ1ZQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <51C0D956 dot 4090905 at etr-usa dot com>
On 6/18/2013 16:04, Warren Young wrote:
You're proposing some kind of global search-and-replace
operation, which will inevitably turn into a Whac-a-Mole game.
I just thought of an example. How many POSIX paths are in this
perfectly legal command, which invokes a native Windows executable?
$ xcopy /bin foo bar
The wrong answer is, "three."
Now tell me how cygwin1.dll is expected to realize it should only
translate the final two arguments to xcopy.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple