This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updating Git
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:58:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: Updating Git
- References: <CE9C056E12502146A72FD81290379E9A645F9FCE at ENFIRHMBX1 dot datcon dot co dot uk>
On 2013-06-18 08:11, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
Would it be possible for the Git maintainer to update Git to a more recent
version than 1.7.9, which was released almost 18 months ago? Git is now on
FWIW, I have been using 1.8 versions for a little while without incident.
Alternatively, I'd be willing to take over the maintainership, although there
may be initial teething difficulties as I've only just managed to get Git
building on my machine, still see it failing some test cases, and have not
maintained a Cygwin package previously.
For whomever ends up updating git, I would propose a number of changes
There are a number of packaging improvements there, splitting up extra
components by dependencies, installing all the documentation (to fix git
help -w), and a patch to use cygstart as the default "browser" (ditto).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple