This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Updated Git build
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <Adam dot Dinwoodie at metaswitch dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:29:08 +0000
- Subject: RE: Updated Git build
- Deferred-delivery: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:28:00 +0000
- References: <CAAXzdLUvRschaUxpcovTjiQQpU9YVboOMavHVG16v=JF1zfKpw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Steven Penny wrote:
> Git 1.7.10 is now over one year old
> and it contains some significant improvements, such as
> git clone --single-branch
> Not to mention version 1.8.0 has been out for almost 8 months. I would he happy
> to make the build, or help with the process if we can just get the ball rolling.
I posted on this topic yesterday. I'm currently using a home-built v22.214.171.124
Git with no immediate issues other than not being able to compile with pthreads
support and some obscure failing test cases.
I see Cygwin Ports appears to be offering a compiled v1.8.3 version of
Git, and Yaakov has already suggested moving some of the patches made there
into the main Cygwin package build.
I'm not sure who the current maintainer is, or how to find out, but my current
plan is to wait a week or so to see if there's any reason for not upgrading
(other than the current maintainer's time). If that gets nowhere, I'll offer
to package up the latest version of Git myself.
Messages posted to this list are made in a personal capacity.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple