This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: getclip and cygutils and cygcheck
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:21:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: getclip and cygutils and cygcheck
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A7021C57FB3 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A7021C58055 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <51B8D19B dot 7080400 at towo dot net> <20130613095556 dot GA21638 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAOh4nmk2_9CV_X9HrxJ=mLJ0dJ889Yn53zrrYuciaFN7Ft1_9Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130614091553 dot GC4087 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAOh4nmkU4ydx1FTxcL11OV3sUG9Qdb1RnLjV-x7KwOVW34Kciw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130617101633 dot GC21191 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130617125447 dot GG21191 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 17 14:54, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 17 12:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jun 14 23:15, Jeremy Hetzler wrote:
> > > After some testing, the limit seems to be 64k. It only happens when
> > > reading data that was copied to the clipboard by a Windows program (in
> > > this case Excel).
> > > [...]
> > > 583 $ cat /dev/clipboard >out.cat
> > > cat: /dev/clipboard: Bad address
> > > [...]
> > > Does that help?
> > Yes, thank you. There was an ill-conceived check for the last character
> > in the buffer being a high surrogate UTF-16 character. It worked only
> > if the clipboard content was small enough to fit into a single read of
> > the application. If it was too big, and the application had to call
> > read again to fetch more from the clipboard, it tried to read the
> > character beyond the array boundary. I fixed that in CVS. I'll probably
> > create a new developer snapshot and a 64 bit test version later today.
> FYI, I'm just uploading a new developer snapshot 2013-06-17 to
> http://cygwin.com/snapshots/, as well as a new 64 bit Cygwin test
> release 1.7.21-4. Please give one of them a try.
Guys? Ping? Any testers?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple