This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Adding MSYS functionality to Cygwin
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:57:13 -0600
- Subject: Re: Adding MSYS functionality to Cygwin
- References: <CABEPuQJDLjtbcLig1isTUJgb6RBCD8LNShbm9mTPcb9WM5S5fw at mail dot gmail dot com> <51C0B08E dot 8080900 at etr-usa dot com> <CABEPuQJJpRfPKSwZ7M0eTOdp1HxDcmvuy1=qXFHBw-8kLkZ1ZQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <51C0D956 dot 4090905 at etr-usa dot com> <51C1B299 dot 1000701 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 6/19/2013 07:31, Charles Wilson wrote:
That's good info.
I'm glad to see that relative paths are never molested. I tried for a
while to confuse Cygwin and native Windows programs using relative
paths, and failed to find a case where the path doesn't mean the same
thing to both sides.
Not all packages are cross-compiler-compatible.
Is that another way of saying that not all packages use autotools? :)
You're not talking about anything different than the sort of thing
Cygwin package maintainers go through, sometimes needing to arm-twist
odd build systems to behave according to cygport's expectations?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple