This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport limitations (was: Adding MSYS functionality to Cygwin)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:49:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygport limitations (was: Adding MSYS functionality to Cygwin)
- References: <CABEPuQJDLjtbcLig1isTUJgb6RBCD8LNShbm9mTPcb9WM5S5fw at mail dot gmail dot com> <51C0B08E dot 8080900 at etr-usa dot com> <CABEPuQJJpRfPKSwZ7M0eTOdp1HxDcmvuy1=qXFHBw-8kLkZ1ZQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <51C0D956 dot 4090905 at etr-usa dot com> <51C1B299 dot 1000701 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <51C1F0F9 dot 70601 at etr-usa dot com> <51C1FA8E dot 3000307 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51C33F38 dot 4080103 at etr-usa dot com> <20130620181056 dot GA16923 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <74f7s89jvij7188akllq0l4qpp0i2ju35q at 4ax dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 20 22:38, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > If every maintainer would use cygport, it would allow us to change
> > the build method to one along the lines of most Linux distros.
> > In Linux distros, the maintainer provides only the spec file and
> > the source archive. The actual build for all supported platforms
> > could be done on a machine which creates the distro from there.
> That would be cool. Let's do it!
Uhm, that was a projection into the ideal future. No provisions have
been made yet. We need to set up a central repository like Yaakov's
cygwinports git repo and a central build mechanism. The first we can
probably shamelessly copy from Yaakov and set up over the next few
months, the second needs a bit of hacking.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple