This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [BUG REPORT]sed -e 's/[B-D]/_/g' replaces unexpected characters
- From: "Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <lavr at ncbi dot nlm dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:44:29 +0000
- Subject: RE: [BUG REPORT]sed -e 's/[B-D]/_/g' replaces unexpected characters
- References: <CA+nJC97He=j-O2FZ-Y2jJhYXEJn2o2EfC1wO39+2bZ=nj1f-zA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130625152356 dot GD11958 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> The character ordering is based on the default Windows ordering for the
> locale, and that's dictionary ordering, apparently.
Ah, I see what you meant here. There's an elaborated explanation: