This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with patch
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:17:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problems with patch
- References: <CABEPuQ+ZbZpxD=JBhWOQoWCmx1yaUT7PxhZK318_mi=d8ncKHA at mail dot gmail dot com> <51CC1E48 dot 1080505 at gmail dot com>
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
> Il 6/27/2013 12:49 PM, Alexey Pavlov ha scritto:
>> Having two files with the same name in directory. One file without
>> extension, second with ".exe". For example: "configure" and
>> I want patch "configure".
>> During patch Cygwin delete "configure.exe" and I have only "configure".
> do not use two files in the same directory with and
> without ".exe" extension
Regardless, Cygwin should not go deleting the .exe when the basename
file exists. A work-around may be to append a '.' character to the
end of the file name. I've used this method in the past but have not
tested it with recent Cygwin's.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple