This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with patch
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:29:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problems with patch
- References: <CABEPuQ+ZbZpxD=JBhWOQoWCmx1yaUT7PxhZK318_mi=d8ncKHA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Jun 27 13:49, Alexey Pavlov wrote:
> Having two files with the same name in directory. One file without
> extension, second with ".exe". For example: "configure" and
> I want patch "configure".
> During patch Cygwin delete "configure.exe" and I have only "configure".
This is by design. .exe files are handled by Cygwin as if they don't
have a .exe suffix in all circumstances, no matter what. This has been
discussed already on this list in past.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple