This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is there SCSI ioctl() support in cygwin? Where is sg.h?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:03:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: Is there SCSI ioctl() support in cygwin? Where is sg.h?
- References: <51CADF24 dot 4090200 at bracketfire dot com> <20130626153051 dot GE6966 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130626190413 dot GC3127 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130627083321 dot GJ6966 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51CC606E dot 8060703 at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 27 11:55, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 6/27/2013 4:33 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jun 26 15:04, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 05:30:51PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>>On Jun 26 08:31, Peter Allen wrote:
> >>>>I've searched the archives and the net and haven't found any
> >>>>information about using ioctl() to send commands to a SCSI disk.
> >>>>I'm porting an application that needs structures defined in sg.h,
> >>>>(sg_io_hdr_t) but can't find that header in any cygwin package.
> >>>>Is there support for this in cygwin?
> >>>No, sorry, there isn't. While Windows offers SCSI passthrough
> >>>capability using some DeviceIoControl control code, we don't support the
> >>>/dev/sg* devices and the translation from sg to underlying Windows
> >>>I played with the SCSI passthrough stuff a couple years ago. I'd say,
> >>>the real problem is not to support passthrough, but the device
> >>>translation. There's pretty certainly a way to offer that, but off the
> >>>top of my head I don't know how to.
> >>>Adding a Cygwin fhandler for sg devices and SCSI passthrough would
> >>>probably be a nice side project for somebody who's interested in this
> >>>stuff. It wouldn't really collide with anything which is already
> >>So when, exactly, do you expect to have this implemented then? Next
> >Let's say, it will be *a* Thursday, just don't expect me to say the
> >exact year...
> This isn't another issue involving kittens, is it?
You know how kittens have no sense of time.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple