This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gdb hangs when it calls tcsetpgrp.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:46:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: gdb hangs when it calls tcsetpgrp.
- References: <kqhsru$s8k$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 02:30:42AM +0900, jojelino wrote:
>I was using gdb for debugging ffmpeg raising SIGFPE. but gdb hangs after
>entering command among of s,n,si,ni.
>gdb has same pgrp over pgrp of debuggee. when tcsetpgrp is called in
>gdb, you already know it sends __SIGSETPGRP signal to suspended
>debuggee. but the debugger already suspended all thread of debuggee
>without distinguishing whether the victim thread is wait_sig or not. so
>the suspend process doesn't wake up until debugger handles debug event.
>which is the cause of hang.
>Although it seems that cygwin developers have already aware of sort of
>this issue according to fhandler_termios.cc:85, so, it would be good if
>cygwin can defer sending signal that would block for sure.
Yep. I've mentioned this issue here several times. You should use
mintty for debugging. It does not have this problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple