Re: Failure with fork()

On 2013-06-27 11:35-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

The only Windows platform available to me is Wine.  And I have
no Cygwin on Wine experience at this stage because this fork bug shut
me out.  But now that it is fixed in CVS, how do I get access to
the fixed version of setup.exe?

Are there daily snapshot builds of the CVS version I could access?

Never mind.  I have now found the snapshots page, and the latest one
contains

013-06-18  Christopher Faylor  <me.cygwin2013@cgf.cx>

* dcrt0.cc (child_info_fork::alloc_stack): Don't subtract 4096 from
stack pointer since getstack() already does that.

Could someone confirm that is the fork fix of interest here?

I am somewhat confused by the remark
at http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.snapshots
that "You cannot use Cygwin Setup to install a snapshot."

So what exactly is installed by a snapshot?  Is it just the core part
of Cygwin?  Is there enough included in cygwin-inst-YYYYMMDD.tar.bz2
so I can run setup.exe from the installed version of that tarball to
download and install or update additional Cygwin components that I
might need?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science