This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: texlive-install: core dumped
- From: "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut dot karlowski at ish dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 03:38:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: texlive-install: core dumped
- References: <op dot wzfrolroofd6j1 at nebbiolo dot upc dot de> <51CEC839 dot 507 at cornell dot edu> <op dot wzfwtr0wofd6j1 at nebbiolo dot upc dot de> <51CEE558 dot 6070104 at cornell dot edu> <op dot wzgaely4ofd6j1 at nebbiolo dot upc dot de> <51CF2925 dot 2060804 at cornell dot edu> <op dot wzggt0qzofd6j1 at nebbiolo dot upc dot de> <51CF63C4 dot 4070001 at cornell dot edu>
Ken Brown, 30.06.2013 00:46:28:
No. setup.ini lists the packages that are available for install. Often
there is a "previous" version as well as a "current" version. This
Ok - my guess was wrong then, thanks. xetex and luatex where not installed.
1. pdfetex -progname latex $*
2. dvipdfm -p a4 $*
I just tried these commands with no problems:
Maybe I'm using an outdated sty-file (e.g. dinbrief.sty), will look at it
later. Is there a database of all styles, fonts etc. for all
including the part about attaching cygcheck output.
If you read it, you'll see near the end which packages you have
The one suspicious thing that I see is your path. For example, the
cygcheck output includes
Warning: C:\bin\awk.exe hides C:\cygwin\bin\awk
That's intentionally: I want the old awk.
Could there be other things in C:\bin or C:\cygwin\opt\cross-mint\bin
that are interfering with Cygwin?
Don't think so.
Anyway I'm interested in the crashes in the first place.
Sorry, I can't help you with that.
I re-installed luatex and found a stackdump-file (under /tmp during the
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=0045F3B6
eax=20018788 ebx=20020000 ecx=00000000 edx=00000002 esi=20011930
ebp=0022AB68 esp=0022AB30 program=C:\cygwin\bin\luatex.exe, pid 3708,
cs=001B ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003B gs=0000 ss=0023
Frame Function Args
0022AB68 0045F3B6 (20011930, 00000000, 00000000, 00000001)
0022AB98 0040420D (0065B104, 006B7A82, 006B7351, 0065B140)
0022AC68 004029D6 (00000005, 0022ACB0, 0022ACB8, 0022ACB0)
0022AC88 00401790 (00000005, 0022ACB0, 20010100, 611A3F1B)
0022AD28 61008221 (00000000, 0022CDA8, 61007710, 00000000)
End of stack trace
According to setup.log.full all 4 luatex-calls crash. I have to mention
I'm not using a shell available by cygwin, but something I'm working on,
that's why I want to know why it crashes.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple