Re: setup-x86_64: postinstall errors: Package bash 1, Package a2ps 2 and xinit 134

On 25/07/2013 05:24, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
>   I downloaded a fresh setup-x86_64.exe from cygwin.com and then ran
> the update again.
>
>   Now I get only this postinstall error:
>
>   Package: xinit
>     xinit.sh exit code 134
I can reproduce this problem, so I had a go at investigating and fixing it.

mkshortcut appears to exiting with SIGABRT in free(), which suggests some heap
corruption, which I managed to track down after a bit of work with dmalloc.

This appears to be a long standing bug, which for some reason manifests itself
more severely on x86_64.

xstrncat() does not allow for the terminating null byte in the memory
allocation it makes.  strncat(dest, src, n) writes n+1 bytes to dest (n from
src plus the terminating null byte, which is always appended).  So, the size
of dest must be at least strlen(dest)+n+1.  Currently only strlen(dest)+n
bytes are allocated.

Trivial patch attached.