This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem installing Cygwin 1.7.25 64 bit on W7 and W8
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: nu774 <honeycomb77 at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 20:47:22 +0400
- Subject: Re: Problem installing Cygwin 1.7.25 64 bit on W7 and W8
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52233E61 dot 10407 at arcor dot de> <52234356 dot 4070502 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
>> I tried to update a well running cygwin installation from Cygwin 1.7.24
>> (64 bit release) to Cygwin 1.7.25 on W7. Setup (most recent version from
>> cygwin.com) didn't succeed because of "incomplete download". I tried
>> severel different mirrors, everytime the same problem. Then I removed
>> the cygwin installation, i.e. deleted the folder, tried to install again
>> and got the same error. Disabeling all Virusscanner and Firewall
>> software didn't help.
>> Defenitely it is not a problem of lack of discspace or something like that.
>> A test with the 32 bit release (Cygwin 1.7.24) worked fine without any
>> On W8 i had exactely the same behaviour.
> Same experience here.
> I once pushed "continue" on the "incomplete download" error dialog by
> mistake, that resulted in uninstalling of the selected packages for
> updates, including cygwin (except for cygwin1.dll).
Usually, it is a good idea to wait a day or so for new release to spread
Also, please don't http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 01.09.2013, <20:45>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple