This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Re: Trying to build rxvt on Cygwin64.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 17:33:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Trying to build rxvt on Cygwin64.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5224987F dot 4090305 at bellsouth dot net> <52249AE9 dot 2080804 at bellsouth dot net> <5224A9E2 dot 20307 at lysator dot liu dot se> <5224E3AE dot 5090709 at bellsouth dot net> <5224FE86 dot 4080802 at gmail dot com> <522501E0 dot 70806 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 05:23:44PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>On 9/2/2013 5:09 PM, V?clav Zeman wrote:
>> On 09/02/2013 09:14 PM, Robert McBroom wrote:
>>> make: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/rxvt/W11/w32'
>>> gcc -c xlib.c -O -I.. -mwin32
>>> xlib.c: In function ?XOpenDisplay?:
>>> xlib.c:131:26: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
>>> (NT_window*)(scrd->root)= NT_new_window();
>> This is a bug in the original source code. It needs to be fixed or the
>> bug needs to be sidestepped. This might work, untested:
>Are you using the -src package from the cygwin mirrors, and the cygport
>script? The rxvt shipped by cygwin has been heavily patched from
>upstream to support our (32bit) platform; at *minimum* you will need
>those patches to build the 64 bit version.
>Unfortunately rxvt is pretty far down my list of priorities for porting
>to 64bit given its dead-as-a-doornail, ex-parrot status upstream and
>relative lack of users. The best I can say is, I'll get to it eventually.
It would probably help if you identified the Thursday on which this
would be ready.
It's too bad about the parrot. I'm sure it had beautiful plumage. I
assume your cat, or lack thereof, was responsible.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple