This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 01:46:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACC5Q1eGcbCvqxmik+s_9yQgyT9Bz9gqTE_7dhH7t-FVkM_eXg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 10:08:44PM -0700, Austin English wrote:
>I recently noticed the 64-bit cygwin installer crashes under wine.
>After further debugging, it appears that the issue is that cygwin is
>misaligning the stack, causing a crash. I've copy/pasted the analysis
>Reminded me of bug 27680 (violation of the Windows 64-bit ABI, stack pointer
>(RSP) must be 16-byte aligned when making a call to Win64 API)...
>Similarly the gcc generated prologue code for MSABI (SSE2 callee save) causes a
>crash due to misaligned stack (needs to be 16-byte aligned).
If you'd like to submit a patch to get setup working in Wine it would be
thoughtfully considered. Otherwise, I can say with a fair amount of
certainty that no one is going to be interested in installing Wine to
debug issues running (in this case non-cygwin!) programs there.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple