This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: abort: address space needed by 'cygXcursor-1.dll ... is already occupied
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:06:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: abort: address space needed by 'cygXcursor-1.dll ... is already occupied
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKGUG_fjgdE4a3k26a_80DJsEwF_Wpya109xsR2_SoHnmL-4NA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+kUOa=9JriWDUQApnTMgxw+T7GyTNnAG9xdfH10evCqfLdL7w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 4 September 2013 17:58, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> On 4 September 2013 15:19, Septimus Stevens wrote:
>> Today I type 'xstart' and get only two xterms, with an error shown
>> in the subject line. My workaround is to modify .xinitrc to start
>> FOUR xterms so I get THREE to work with, but I'd prefer a "real" fix.
>> I'd like to be less helpless. Will someone show me what queries
>> or searches would have worked to figure this out myself via FAQ's?
> Did you try searching for the error message?
> While we're at it, what is the error message? Asking for help with how to solve
> problems is a great idea, but if you're going to ask for help you might as well
> give us the information we need to help you. And that means this:
>> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Aha, I just looked at the email subject. A Google for "address space is already
occupied" finds me this post on the ML:
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-02/msg00665.html>. Which should point you at
the FAQ you're after.
FAQ-maintaining folk: would it make sense to add "Address space needed by ...
is already occupied" to the list of relevant errors at
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple