This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: <Error : Windows is searching for Mintty>
- From: Manoj Navandar <me dot maninavandar at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:59:34 +0530
- Subject: Re: <Error : Windows is searching for Mintty>
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK+QawW2FYHo5eFrGJExWWnutmxtdh6KyMgNaN8kmz26rv5xCA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+kUOakxOEzbBRwWGyoscUOoXVj=iUuXAxi6wQVWDoxm+KTfAw at mail dot gmail dot com>
I re installed cygwin from a different mirror and it seems the things
are working fine. At least for now :) Thanks for your support :)
On 9 September 2013 17:48, Adam Dinwoodie <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 6 September 2013 16:49, Manoj Navandar wrote:
>> I recently installed cygwin on Windows 8 64 bit. Packages installation
>> worked fine but it seems Mintty is missing. I reinstalled cygwin
>> setup-x86_64 [version 2.819-64 bit] by adding mintty (both bin and
>> src) under shell tab (1.2-beta-1.1 version), but it seems that error
>> still persists.
>> Target path is - C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -
> This should be "mintty.exe" in place of "mintty".
>> I checked C:\cygwin64\bin directory. mintty is missing there. I also
>> tried to download the package separately. But it's not working. Is
>> there any way I would get it to work? I have tried every possible
>> option. Nothing much on internet about cygwin on windows 8. Please
> Is "mintty.exe" there? If not, follow the problem reporting
> guidelines; specifically the bit about cygcheck output.
>> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple