This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cannot run setup64.exe without admin privileges (even if renamed foo.exe)
- From: Frédéric Bron <frederic dot bron at m4x dot org>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:07:12 +0200
- Subject: cannot run setup64.exe without admin privileges (even if renamed foo.exe)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I would like to run setup64.exe on Windows 7 without asking for admin
rights but the computer asks me for admin credentials.
I read this: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-06/msg00286.html where
Corinna suggested to rename the .exe to foo.exe but this did not work.
I also do not have the rights to modify the Local Security Policy.
Is there any workaround? Would it be possible to supply a setup that
do not need admin privileges?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple