This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Way to test cyglsa?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:24:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Way to test cyglsa?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMhuX2BzMOmeLeJSUcsm8yMd4gw8THBiBG=+iorVgv1uDwveJQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMhuX2BoDhcVUyv_ba4jXC+Y0fX=Fa50OOFfzK_fBBQe9N=o-A at mail dot gmail dot com> <5237373E dot 1070905 at cygwin dot com> <CAMhuX2ALMEw+2D5_urYo_MPhbjvebROs5UAY4L0Gx1a0rAagSA at mail dot gmail dot com> <523748CD dot 5070205 at cygwin dot com> <CAMhuX2CvmLJs4c4HANjCXZBARzCRrrBe3L5dpsBTDqMrhXz+7Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <523752B8 dot 2010306 at cygwin dot com> <CAMhuX2CCzUvwqkpg7drPAohVbkL+rE-sLJbK0tk5v7pTT6Xh0A at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 9/16/2013 3:06 PM, Evan Rowley wrote:
Its great that I now have some actual debug output. Thanks a lot, Larry.
Towards the end of the log this appeared:
seteuid 1019: Operation not permitted
I'll check again that /etc/passwd, /etc/group, cyglsa-config, and
ssh-host-config all have the correct login credentials. Before I do,
is there anywhere else I can look? The cyglsa test from before did
pass so I'm almost certain the passwords entered into it are correct.
Does the order in which a user runs ssh-host-config and cyglsa-config
No, the order of running the config scripts doesn't matter. cyglsa
can be used with sshd but that's not the only service that would
benefit. And sshd can certainly be run without cyglsa, as you know.
So does the user running sshd have permission to seteuid? A properly
configured 'cyg-server' user, as prepared by ssh-host-config, will have
the required permissions for local users. For domain users, you need
to tweak 'cyg-server' so that it is a domain administrator at least.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple