This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Emacs doesn't start from icon after update to 1.7.25
- From: "KARR, DAVID" <dk068x at att dot com>
- To: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 00:44:54 +0000
- Subject: RE: Emacs doesn't start from icon after update to 1.7.25
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B22114498DA at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <523CFD8D dot 7030906 at cornell dot edu>
> -----Original Message-----
> Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 7:00 PM
> Subject: Re: Emacs doesn't start from icon after update to 1.7.25
> On 9/20/2013 7:26 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> > Today I updated 1.7.25. I was a handful of minor releases behind at the
> > After the update, I can't start Emacs from the icon anymore. The shortcut
> command I have for it is the following:
> > C:\Cygwin\bin\run.exe -p /usr/bin bash -l -i -c "emacs -display
> 127.0.0.1:0.0 --debug-init"
> I don't think this has anything to do with emacs. There have been
> several reports of problems with run-1.3.0-1. Try downgrading to the
> previous version of run, or switch to run2.
I first tried just changing the command line to "run2". No change. I then downgraded "run" to the previous version and changed it back to "run". It now works as before. Are there any diagnostics that would be useful to anyone?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple