This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Running setup-x86_64.exe without admin privileges
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, Frédéric Bron <frederic dot bron at m4x dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:49:10 +0000
- Subject: RE: Running setup-x86_64.exe without admin privileges
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Frédéric Bron sent the following at Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:10 AM
>I have built a version of setup-x86-64.exe for people that do
>not have administrator privileges. It can be downloaded here:
For your next update:
Trying to compress it with upx failed with an error message:
upx: setup-x86-64.exe: CantPackException: can't pack new-exe
The next time you update it, and if it is not too much bother,
you might compile so upx works. Or not. I'm not complaining.
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple