This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Official binary compressing tool for setup-x86_64.exe?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:08:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: Official binary compressing tool for setup-x86_64.exe?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPw2spjnh2dN-qwOFpsA3JjtX-R5Y9ysh=uWqndcumj1SyA=HA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 04:09:22PM +0200, Fr?d?ric Bron wrote:
>What is the usual compressing tool used for setup-x86_64.exe? I cannot
>use upx as it does not support x86_64 binaries. Some suggest mpress
>but it is not part of cygwin packages.
There is no reason why it has to be. mpress *is* used to compress the
official setup x86_64 binary. Earnie posted a link.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple