Re: Tried to remove cygdrive prefix, ended up "lost" in my filesystem

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Diego Mesa wrote:
> I tried removing the first line, but still appear in some no mands
> land directory:
>
>     :cat /et/fstab
>     # For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
>     # http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

Seems the FAQ is missing the easiest method to change the /cygdrive
prefix.  To make /cygdrive simply be / all you need is the following
command.  Remove the lines you've inserted in /etc/fstab and then
execute the command.

$ mount -c /

--
Earnie