This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
rename (util-linux 2.21.2)
- From: Mariusz WODZICKI <dura dot europos at berkeley dot edu>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 12:27:29 -0700
- Subject: rename (util-linux 2.21.2)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I frequently use ``rename''. Today I discovered that the most current
version has a changed syntax:
rename [options] expression replacement file...
-v, --verbose explain what is being done
-V, --version output version information and exit
-h, --help display this help and exit
For years the syntax was:
rename from to file...
and for a reason.
Now, the new ``rename'' is unable to process lots of renaming
scenarios. Its usefulness is greatly diminished as a result. Can we
please revert to the previous syntax?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple