This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rename (util-linux 2.21.2)
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 22:55:23 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: rename (util-linux 2.21.2)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADxVF5fBaYcn2ST5q35YX6aDq+zkB9v456z9-3Uvcyg9YMrNrw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Mariusz WODZICKI writes:
> I frequently use ``rename''. Today I discovered that the most current
> version has a changed syntax:
> rename [options] expression replacement file...
> -v, --verbose explain what is being done
> -V, --version output version information and exit
> -h, --help display this help and exit
> For years the syntax was:
> rename from to file...
> and for a reason.
Is it possible you were for years using the Windows rename, which is now
being shadowed by Cygwin's rename?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple