Re: rename (util-linux 2.21.2)

Mariusz WODZICKI writes:
> I frequently use ``rename''. Today I discovered that the most current
> version has a changed syntax:

Exactly why do you think it changed syntax?  Looking at some old and new
Linux manpages and the Git repository, it appears that the only thing
that changed was the monikers for the parameters plus added
documentation for the switches (that had been existing before already:

expression  <=> from
replacement <=> to
file        <=> file

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/utils/util-linux/util-linux.git/commit/?id=03b3d715ded40c44c074300b704be430aafbc1ae