This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Optimized Cygwin package
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Kptain <kaptain dot biwouak at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 16:47:40 +0400
- Subject: Re: Optimized Cygwin package
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1383561297008-104027 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> Today my Cygwin package is around 1.4Gb.
> I've tried to restrict amount of package required by distribution, it seems
> lot of dependencies are required.
> Does someone know how to restrict and optimize Cygwin packages knowing I'm
> using it only for this applications?
Given your list - no.
Actually, I'm surprised you've managed to wrest it into 1.5Gb.
> - gcc
> - python
> - perl
> - mintty
> - shell (mainly tcsh)
> - doxygen
> - make
> - tcl
> Could you provide me selection to apply in order to minimize size of final
> Cygwin package?
> or what to remove from downloaded package.
> Most of the time (except for Perl) I'm using standard libraries.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 04.11.2013, <16:46>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple