This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Seeking a suggestion for unattended mass install procedure
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 14:33:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: Seeking a suggestion for unattended mass install procedure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40C86D at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <5277D4A0 dot 1050809 at cygwin dot com> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40C913 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <5277DB67 dot 5050903 at cygwin dot com> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40C962 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <5277E992 dot 8070602 at cygwin dot com> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40CA72 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 07:11:33PM +0000, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
>> Alternatively, you can grab the sources for setup and add an option
>to do what you want the way you want it.
>Well, that's a trivial option with open source, of course. But also
>it means to maintain a branch of our own setup.exe, which is the
>least favorable of all.
Hmm. It seems like you are looking for a magic bullet since everything
suggested is unsatisfactory. Since there really isn't an option to do
exactly what you want to do then you are going to have to do something.
The emphasis here is on "you".
If you implement a generally useful option like "Install everything in
the download directory" we'll gladly accept it upstream.
If you don't want to do that then setup code changes pretty infrequently
so maintaining a local copy shouldn't be too burdensome.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple