This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Seeking a suggestion for unattended mass install procedure
- From: "Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <lavr at ncbi dot nlm dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 19:51:23 +0000
- Subject: RE: Seeking a suggestion for unattended mass install procedure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40C86D at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <5277D4A0 dot 1050809 at cygwin dot com> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40C913 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <5277DB67 dot 5050903 at cygwin dot com> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40C962 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <5277E992 dot 8070602 at cygwin dot com> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40CA43 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <5277F460 dot 3070205 at cygwin dot com>
> you're adding additional requirements
Rather revealing them...
The procedure is still to grab the current setup, make package selection,
download with satisfying the dependencies, then install on a bunch of
boxes in the batch mode, unattended.
When a new set of machines is to be built, repeat the procedure with
then-current CYGWIN, possibly starting with the package selection step
(if needed -- i.e. the package requirements have changed, some requested
to be added / removed)...
I think I've got enough information to relay to our Systems group
and see what they say.
Thanks everybody (including Marco, Achim, and cfg) who responded!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple