This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Building a snapshot ("Not an ELF file" error)
- From: "Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <lavr at ncbi dot nlm dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 14:35:46 +0000
- Subject: RE: Building a snapshot ("Not an ELF file" error)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40C8EC at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40C985 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40CF9B at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <527A449D dot 2070701 at shaddybaddah dot name> <20131106134727 dot GD2611 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> We don't support building within the source dir.
That's unclear to me. I just did "./configure" then "make" at
the top snapshot directory. AFAICT, the build result was stored
> xidepend is guaranteed to be not in.
Well, that is even more confusing. If it not supposed to be in,
why to call it at all?