This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Intermittent failures retrieving process exit codes
- From: Tom Honermann <thonermann at coverity dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 10:20:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: Intermittent failures retrieving process exit codes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <50C2498C dot 2000003 at coverity dot com> <50C276AC dot 9090301 at mailme dot ath dot cx> <50D401EF dot 9040705 at coverity dot com> <52844B2E dot 5050902 at coverity dot com> <20131114091950 dot GC526 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 11/14/2013 04:19 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
thanks for letting us know!
You're welcome :)
I'm very glad to read that this is an OS bug and a fix is available.
At least partially. I'm a bit confused. As far as I understand it this
is the situation now:
Vista/2008 and earlier: no fix available.
W7/2008R2: only hotfix for manual installation
W8/2012: no fix available.
Did I get that right? That sounds a bit weird...
That is how I understand it. Microsoft requires a Premier Support
agreement in order to request hotfixes and I am not a party on any such
agreement. So, I worked with former colleagues at another company that
does have a Premier support agreement and that I knew were also
experiencing the issue. They only requested a hotfix for Windows 7 SP1
and Windows 2008 R2 as those are the only Windows releases they were
concerned about having a fix for. The result: it is fixed in currently
shipping versions and a hotfix is available for those specific releases,
but other releases remain vulnerable. Addressing those releases will
presumably require someone with access to a Premier Support agreement to
request additional hotfix releases.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple