This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs-w32 24.3-7 aborts frequently using TRAMP
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:49:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: emacs-w32 24.3-7 aborts frequently using TRAMP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAsS1YKpt8FZ+gfkv7iXxLaLkry5-Ohbq_xa4-fQEaNF7YvLfA at mail dot gmail dot com> <528A2274 dot 2080605 at cornell dot edu>
Ken Brown writes:
> Can you do some experimentation to try to narrow this down? For example:
> * Is it related to Tramp or not?
I don't think so, I get those crashes without Tramp in the picture and
sometimes with an Emacs that simply has a single file open and then left
FWIW, besides crahses (which never happen when I'm using Emacs, so I'm
thinking they might relate to the screen saver kicking in when Emacs is
trying to do something), I do get some error messages from timer code
that complains about not getting the expected vectorp once in a while
and I've never seen these anywhere else but on Windows.
> * Does the abort still occur if you start emacs with "emacs -Q"?
I've tried numerous times, but none of these has crashed yet. Then
again, the parallel "normal" Emacs session didn't crash either.
> * Is the problem specific to emacs-w32 or does it happen with
> emacs-nox and emacs-X11 also?
Didn't test that. On the last crash I forgot that I had another Emacs
running and attached to the wrong PID...
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple