This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Libtool version 2.4.2 ?
- From: Peter Rosin <peda at lysator dot liu dot se>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 23:18:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: Libtool version 2.4.2 ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528862AB dot 6050902 at gmail dot com> <528A317E dot 50903 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 2013-11-18 16:25, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 11/17/2013 1:31 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
>> starting to see programs with
>> configure.ac:16: error: Libtool version 2.4.2 or higher is required
>> m4/libtool.m4:48: LT_PREREQ is expanded from...
>> any chanche to move on ?
>> On the related libtool annaunce, some time ago:
> Now that (a) inetutils is out, and (b) all of the automakes and
> autoconfs are updated, (c) libtool is next on my
> to-be-updated/64bit-ified list. This includes running the test suite
> (a 10-15 hour effort), and investigating/fixing the regressions. So
> it is not a quick task.
According to my notes there was only one (unexpected) failure,
namely in with-pic.at, line 40. The failure was only a testsuite
issue though and I later silenced it with commit d674eaa44
'tests: skip with-pic test when no "real" pic flag is used.'
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple