This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please test latest snapshots 2013-11-20
- From: Denis Excoffier <Denis dot Excoffier at free dot fr>
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:37:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: Please test latest snapshots 2013-11-20
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131123113650 dot GL28310 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <7B7D8AEB-7468-4611-8497-0E5190A2549A at Denis-Excoffier dot org> <20131123182525 dot GB5290 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <3A378339-1DC7-42F8-B0F8-B67AC29A7E38 at Denis-Excoffier dot org> <20131124131454 dot GD2283 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20131124132145 dot GE2283 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2013-11-24 14:21 +01:00, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 24 14:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Nov 24 00:27, Denis Excoffier wrote:
>>> You must be talking about /usr/include/exceptions.h. I did remove it from
>>> my system on the very first snapshot that removed it (see a similar
>>> issue about /usr/include/process.h under
>>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-02/msg00130.html). Without
>>> /usr/include/exceptions.h and with all 3.0.0-1 packages (see above)
>>> included, i obtain the symptoms shown in
>>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-11/msg00364.html and discussed in
>>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-11/msg00368.html .
>> Fixed in CVS. The latest mingw-w64 winnls.h header introduces a new
>> symbol _NORMALIZE_ which controls the usage of DECLSPEC_IMPORT for
>> the functions declared in that header, rather than using _KERNEL32_
>> as former versions of winnls.h did. This breaks the autoload mechanism,
>> so we have to change our sources and define _NORMALIZE_ ourselves to
>> stay compatible with Mingw-w64 headers. Grr.
>> I'm just creating new snapshots 2013-11-24 with Eric's and my patch.
>> Should be both up in about half an hour.
> Only the 32 bit snapshot is up. I'm unable to generate the 64 bit
> snapshot for some reason and I have no more time to investigate
> today, sorry.
I installed the last w32api and mingw64-i686 packages and (installed
and) compiled the 20131124 snapshot with no problem, under both XP and
Seven. In addition, i didn’t discover any issue with the snapshot itself.
Thankyou for all.
Note. For the record, previous mingw64-i686-headers was needed for
Tcl 8.6.1, not for cygwin.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple