This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setting up a minimal TeXLive?
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:48:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: setting up a minimal TeXLive?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87hab0wjts dot fsf at gmail dot com> <52937BEF dot 6040204 at cornell dot edu> <87k3fw9wsp dot fsf at gmail dot com>
On 11/25/2013 1:11 PM, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
On Mon, Nov 25 2013,Ken Brown wrote:
[snipped 6 lines]
My recommendations for getting started are near the end of the release
I recommend *not* updating CTAN packages between releases of TeX Live
unless there is a bug that's impeding your work or a new feature that
you need. If that happens, you can send email to the cygwin list and
I'll either update the corresponding texlive-collection-* package or
give you further instructions.
Thanks for the information, appreciate it. From the mail link above
Standard: Install texlive-collection-latexrecommended and its
If I choose the above package, then setup will automagically recommend
the dependencies before it starts, right?
And is there a bit of documentation on the groupings of the files
i.e. what's in each group of the cygwin texlive* groups?
They correspond precisely to the upstream TeX Live collections.
Download the file
and search for lines of the form "name collection-*" or "category
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple